Your Windows password is very important.
If you suspect someone has your password or simply feel like changing it, Windows 10 gives you three different options to go about changing your PC’s password.
You can always choose a regular new password. We recommend using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. Usually, it is best if these passwords are at least eight characters long. Although we advise you to use an alphanumeric password format because it’s safer.
You can also change your password into a pin or picture that lets you sign in to your Microsoft account faster.
1. Open the “Start Menu” at the bottom left of your screen.
2. Click “Settings” from the list to the left.
3. Select “Accounts”.
4. Select “Sign-in options” from the menu.
5. Click on “Change” under “Change your account password”.
6. In order to change your password, you have to sign in with your current Microsoft account password. Enter your password in the box. Click “Sign in”.
7. Microsoft will send you a new code to change your password through the phone number that is associated with your account. Enter the last four digits of your phone number to verify it’s the correct number. Press Enter
8. You will receive a code on your phone. Enter the code.
9. A new page will direct you to “enter your old password” and then “type in a new password”. “Re-enter the new password”. Press “Enter”.
10. If you see this message then you successfully changed your password.